The world’s largest organization of cancer doctors plans to rate the cost effectiveness of expensive oncology drugs, and will urge physicians to use the ratings to discuss the costs with their patients.
Nissan Motor Co., after best-ever U.S. sales of Leaf hatchbacks in 2013, plans to offer two years of free public charging for the battery-powered car in its strongest U.S. markets to entice more drivers to buy one.
Starbucks Corp., the world’s biggest coffee chain, will move its European head office to London from Amsterdam, increasing the amount of tax it pays in the U.K. following criticism over the matter last year.
A Brussels court’s decision to ban cars using Uber Technologies Inc.’s taxi application is “crazy” and protects a “cartel,” European Union Commissioner Neelie Kroes said, adding to a global debate about the legality of ride-sharing.
Foreign aid has long been one of the most unpalatable dishes on the federal plate. Why should U.S. taxpayers give billions of dollars to ungrateful countries that will waste it and whose people don’t like America anyway?
Vornado Realty Trust will spin off its U.S. strip shopping centers into a new publicly traded real estate investment trust as part of an effort to focus primarily on properties in New York and the Washington area.
The Bain Capital LLC consortium that bought BMC Software Inc. in a $6.7 billion September leveraged buyout is wasting no time extracting cash from the computer-network software maker after sales declined.
In Seattle, 51 percent of the population rents and the remaining 49 percent are homeowners. And in the past year the Seattle real estate market has seen an 7.5 percent increase in value, with a median sales price of $423,300, according to Zillow.