Orchard Supply Hardware Stores Corp., the operator of 91 hardware stores with a $205 million offer from Lowe’s Cos. for at least 60 of them, won approval to seek bids from liquidators to run going-out-of-business sales at eight underperforming stores and potentially another 22.
Xiomara Castro began her presidential campaign in Honduras yesterday, almost four years after husband and ex-President Manuel Zelaya was roused from his sleep and flown out of the Central American country in pajamas during a military coup.
The U.S. Supreme Court restricted the ability of companies to patent human genetic sequences, issuing a mixed ruling in a case that raised questions about thousands of biotechnology, agricultural and drug patents.
That’s how much cheaper it is nationally to buy a home rather than rent, according to research by Trulia Trends. That's some welcome news for homeowners who've endured a protracted season of low valuations and high debt.
ANA Holdings Inc., operator of the world’s biggest fleet of Boeing Co. 787s, scrapped a service with the Dreamliner yesterday, the third cancellation for the aircraft in Japan this week after a four-month grounding.
In San Jose, 38 percent of the population rents and the remaining 62 percent are homeowners. And in the past year the San Jose real estate market has seen an 26.3 percent increase in value, with a median sales price of $569,700, according to Zillow.