An 85-year-old U.S. veteran detained in North Korea for more than a month on accusations of running a spy network set up during the decades-old Korean War returned home today, declining to answer questions about his ordeal.
Two HIV-infected men who were thought to be clear of the virus after having stem cell transplants have had the AIDS-causing pathogen return, their doctors said, scuppering hopes their cases might lead to a cure.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. had a hearing behind closed doors with a Pennsylvania judge in its bid to keep secret a draft of a government lawsuit related to its $13 billion settlement with the U.S. as well as the identity of an employee who cooperated in a federal probe.
BRE Properties Inc., a California real estate investment trust, is the latest target in a $22 billion apartment landlord spending spree that could swoop up Home Properties Inc. and Post Properties Inc. next.
The jobless rate dropped to a five- year low of 7 percent in November as American employers added more workers than forecast, boosting speculation the Federal Reserve may start scaling back stimulus as soon as this month.
Herbalife Ltd. won a Belgian appeals court ruling rejecting claims the company is a pyramid scheme, and concluding that income its distributors earn from others recruited to buy or sell its products isn’t a violation of European consumer protection laws.
In San Francisco, 65 percent of the population rents and the remaining 35 percent are homeowners. And in the past year the San Francisco real estate market has seen an 14.7 percent increase in value, with a median sales price of $837,500, according to Zillow.