Texas appealed a court decision that the state’s ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional, a ruling praised by gay rights supporters as a major victory in nationwide litigation spurred by a 2013 Supreme Court ruling.
A federal judge said Texas’s ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional and should be blocked while opponents seek to overturn it, granting a victory to supporters of gay unions in the nation’s second-largest state.
BP Plc lost a bid to have a judge suspend $1.3 billion in payments to seafood-industry workers who are part of the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill settlement because of alleged improprieties by a lawyer involved in the accord.
U.S. energy companies using railroads to carry crude must conduct tests to help ensure the oil cargoes won’t explode or eat holes through tank cars after rising train derailments spurred new emergency rules.
California, the third-biggest refining state in the U.S., is about to see a flood of oil by rail from places such as Canada and North Dakota as suppliers seek to tap a market isolated from the rest of the country.
In San Antonio, 41 percent of the population rents and the remaining 59 percent are homeowners. And in the past year the San Antonio real estate market has seen an 1.1 percent increase in value, with a median sales price of $0, according to Zillow.