A 64-year-old physicist, identified by Newsweek magazine as Bitcoin’s creator, was chased by reporters through Los Angeles and denied any role in the digital currency, saying he first heard of it three weeks ago.
Investors are pulling money out of exchange-traded funds that buy bonds in the U.S., with the biggest outflows from government securities as they shift into stocks, signaling a willingness to delve into riskier assets.
The Bitcoin world reacted with a mixture of acceptance and resignation to a Newsweek magazine report that the creator of the digital currency is a 64-year-old Japanese-American man living in the Los Angeles area.
An El Nino watch has been issued by the U.S. Climate Prediction Center, warning of the possible development of the weather-altering event that can bring rain to California and South America and raise winter temperatures in the U.S. Northeast and Midwest.
The yield on benchmark 10-year Treasuries maintained the biggest gain since November amid speculation the crisis in Ukraine will ease, and before U.S. data this week forecast to show employers stepped up hiring.
The Bernard Madoff trustee, who will try to reinstate hundreds of lawsuits through an appeal to be argued March 5 in Manhattan, had his chances of success dealt a blow last week when the U.S. Supreme Court decided a case involving R. Allen Stanford’s Ponzi scheme.
In Portland, 44 percent of the population rents and the remaining 56 percent are homeowners. And in the past year the Portland real estate market has seen an 11.0 percent increase in value, with a median sales price of $282,100, according to Zillow.