Elena Ambrosiadou, co-founder of Ikos Asset Management Ltd., won a U.K. court case brought by her estranged husband, Martin Coward, over who owns the computer software that runs the hedge fund’s trading platform.
A federal judge expressed “concern” that the U.S. scared off American International Group Inc. from joining a lawsuit by Maurice “Hank” Greenberg, its former chairman, challenging the insurer’s 2008 federal bailout.
Hedge-fund manager Bill Ackman is among a group of investors who agreed to pay more than $90 million for a duplex penthouse at Manhattan’s One57 condominium tower, a person with knowledge of the deal said.
Asian Coast Development (Canada) Ltd., a company backed by Philip Falcone’s Harbinger Capital Partners LLC that’s building the first Las Vegas-style casino in Vietnam, was sued by its chief executive officer for breach of contract.
Almost three years ago, when Goldman Sachs Group Inc. paid $550 million to settle fraud accusations by the Securities and Exchange Commission, one of the claims was that Goldman misled the bond-insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. in a horribly complex deal named Abacus.
Former National Basketball Players Association Executive Director Billy Hunter sued the union, its president and his publicist, alleging that they engaged in secret negotiations with team owners to end the 2011 lockout.
Tiger Global Management LLC, Appaloosa Management LP and Tudor Investment Corp. are among the hedge funds that sold large stakes in Apple Inc. during the first quarter as the iPhone maker’s stock slumped.
New York Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver was more interested in protecting his chamber than female employees of fellow Democrat Vito Lopez who accused the Brooklyn lawmaker of sexual harassment, a special prosecutor said.
In New York, 69 percent of the population rents and the remaining 31 percent are homeowners. And in the past year the New York real estate market has seen an 4.6 percent increase in value, with a median sales price of $535,900, according to Zillow.