The difference between yields on two- and 10-year Treasuries widened to the most since 2011 as employment gains reinforced expectations the Federal Reserve is close to slowing bond purchases used to stimulate growth.
Wisconsin’s lawyer met with a hail of questions from U.S. appeals court judges while he tried to defend a state law that requires doctors who perform abortions to have local hospital admitting privileges.
Gunmakers such as Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. and Sturm Ruger & Co. are boosting firearms sales by building weapons that are more accurate and easier to use, with gun-related U.S. patents at a 35-year high.
New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez filed an amended complaint in his lawsuit against Major League Baseball, adding what he said are further details of misconduct in its probe of performance-enhancing drugs.
Boosters of Baltimore’s Oriole Park at Camden Yards, built at taxpayer cost of $210 million, promised the baseball stadium would lead an urban renaissance, revitalizing blighted neighborhoods and bringing jobs and tax revenue to the city’s struggling downtown.
Johnson Controls Inc., the largest U.S. auto-parts maker, rose to its highest since at least 1980 after saying it will boost a stock-buyback program by $3 billion on greater confidence in its outlook for fiscal 2014 and beyond.
A Wisconsin law requiring voters to present a government-issued photo ID before being allowed to cast their ballots suppresses votes, a lawyer challenging the measure told a U.S. judge at the close of a two-week trial.
In Milwaukee, 54 percent of the population rents and the remaining 46 percent are homeowners. And in the past year the Milwaukee real estate market has seen an 4.6 percent increase in value, with a median sales price of $110,700, according to Zillow.