The San Antonio Spurs rallied from a 16-point deficit in the closing minutes of the fourth quarter and then needed two overtimes to beat the Golden State Warriors 129-127 in the opening game of their National Basketball Association second-round playoff series.
The dive that a drunk Alexander Okano took into a shallow pool at Psi Upsilon house, paralyzing him from the chest down, helped spur reforms to Trinity College’s fraternity culture that faculty members applauded.
Carmelo Anthony had 21 points and the New York Knicks survived a late Boston rally to win 88-80 and wrap up their first-round National Basketball Association series against the Boston Celtics on the third try.
Late in the third quarter, with his Celtics down 20 points, David Nikiel of Citigroup’s institutional equity sales in Boston bought a half dozen pals each a $12.25 shot of Crown Royal whiskey to toast the end of an inspired run.
The Golden State Warriors became the first National Basketball Association team this postseason to wrap up a playoff series at home, and the Brooklyn Nets won on the road to force a decisive Game 7 tomorrow against Chicago.
Transmission of bird flu to humans slowed after China restricted live poultry sales in cities with the most H7N9 infections, with no new cases in Shanghai since April 13, a week after the financial hub ordered markets to shut.
In Memphis, 44 percent of the population rents and the remaining 56 percent are homeowners. And in the past year the Memphis real estate market has seen an 1.3 percent increase in value, with a median sales price of $95,300, according to Zillow.