Jeffrey Immelt clinched General Electric Co.’s biggest acquisition ever, the $17 billion purchase of Alstom SA’s energy assets, after the resolution of the French government’s last condition for the deal.
Energy Future Holdings Corp., the subject of the largest leveraged-buyout ever, revised a $1.9 billion loan to help it emerge from bankruptcy after a group of creditors submitted a competing plan with NextEra Energy Inc., according to two people with knowledge of the talks.
Mark Rubin of Barclays Plc won the RBC Decathlon for a third straight year, successfully defending his title as Wall Street’s best all-around athlete by winning the final event in the competition by less than a second.
Lone Star Funds, the private-equity firm founded by billionaire John Grayken, submitted winning bids for $3.9 billion of soured home loans sold this month by the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
In Dallas, 56 percent of the population rents and the remaining 44 percent are homeowners. And in the past year the Dallas real estate market has seen an 12.5 percent increase in value, with a median sales price of $220,700, according to Zillow.